The Brain Clinic is able to offer significantly reduced fees for Neuropsychological evaluations to those who qualify by offering these services from Dr. Kristi Hoffmann, who has recently obtained her Psychology license. Whereas normal rates in the tri-state area run close to $3,500, Dr. Hoffmann is able to charge less than half the market rate. Proof from your 2 most recent tax returns is required to determine eligibility for the low cost program. Please note the terms and conditions for each program, outlined below.
The patient (16 and older) or parent will be responsible for the $1,500 fee. Insurance might cover some or all of the fee, but we do not accept assignment. The patient/parent should sign and return this sheet with the deposit in agreement to these terms. This program may stop at any time; terms may change at any time.
Low Cost Neuropsychological Evaluations are limited to those with a total family income of less than $60,000 per year. Proof of this level of income is required, preferably by the last two years of IRS tax return (called the 1040).
1. No-Fault, Workers Compensation, Medicaid and Medicare are not included in this program. All work is supervised and signed by Dr. Thomas.
2. If you want to send the receipt to your insurance company, please get a prescription from an MD for a Neuropsychological Evaluation (CPT code: 96118) dated before the first session if there is a medical necessity. Please note that learning disability evaluations are often not covered by insurance; however they may be tax deductible.
3. Reports will be completed about 3-4 weeks after the last testing date when all materials needed to complete the evaluation are received, and your payment obligation is made. This low cost program does not produce reports quickly; they are often lengthy and take time.
4. Testing for this program is done Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, 9:30am-4pm. Lateness is billed $25 per 15 min – so be on time! Testing time is typically about 8-9 hours, over a few days.
5. This program does not apply to children under the age of 8 years old. Dr. Krishnamurthy tests these young children; the rate is $225/hour, usually 12-17 hours of billable time.
6. Because this program may be popular, there may be a waiting list of several weeks.
7. A deposit of $500 is required to reserve the first testing appointment, and the balance is to be paid at the final testing session. Reports are not released until the bill is paid in full. Cancellations with less than 48 hours notice are charged $200 for this cancelled session.
8. Please download and sign our Low Cost Agreement located here. This form must be signed and either mailed back to us, or scanned and sent to us by email, or faxed to our office. Our fax number is: (212) 629-7475. Our email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
*If you need more information, please use the form below to send an inquiry.
Contact us today to request more information or make an appointment.
Please visit our Fees page for more information about pricing and insurance.
WordPress contact form by 123ContactForm