The Brain Clinic is able to offer significantly reduced fees for Neuropsychological evaluations and treatments to those who qualify by offering these services from Dr. Kristi Hoffmann, who has recently obtained her Doctorate of Psychology (PsyD). Whereas normal rates in the tri-state area run close to $3,500, Dr. Hoffmann is able to charge almost half of that. Proof of your most recent tax return is required to determine eligibility. Please note the terms and conditions for each program, outlined below.
The parents will be responsible for a maximum of $800-$1,200; $800 for writing a 2 page report; $1,200 for a full report. Insurance might cover some or all of the fee. The parent should sign and return this sheet with the deposit in agreement to these terms. Since this program is designed for those who cannot afford the usual fee, the most recent tax return may be requested. Payment plans can be arranged. This program may stop any time; terms may change any time.
1. The testing is done by a new PsyD, who can be called a “Psychologist” working at The Brain Clinic. Some situations may require that a fully licensed psychologist do the testing, so check to see if this arrangement works for your needs. Most clinics and many private practices use non-licensed people to do the testing, but they often charge the full market rate. No-Fault, Workers Compensation, Medicaid and Medicare are not included in this program. All work is supervised and signed by Dr. Thomas.
2. Approval to bill your insurance company is required (to bill for the testing time). Please get a prescription from an MD for a Neuropsychological Evaluation (CPT code: 96118) dated before the first session if there is a medical necessity. Please note that learning disability evaluations are often not covered by insurance.
3. We are not on any insurance panels and do not have to follow their guildelines. It would be very unlikely that the cost of the evaluation would be totally covered by your insurance, even with a medical necessity. Please do not ask us to support a medical necessity unless this is clearly documented. If we are asked to fill out insurance forms, you agree to help in this process.
4. Reports will be completed about 3-4 weeks after the last testing date when all materials needed to complete the evaluation are received, and your payment obligation is made. This low cost program does not produce reports quickly; they are often lengthy and take time.
5. Please note that organizations overseeing high stakes evaluations, such as asking for accommodations on the SAT, LSAT, MCAT, GMAT, Bar exams, etc., may not approve of the testing done by a new PsyD; it is your responsibility to know whether such an evaluation would be accepted.
6. Testing for this program is done Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, 9am-3pm. Lateness is billed $25 per 15 min – so be on time! Testing time is typically about 8-9 hours, over a few days.
7. This program does not apply to children under the age of 8 years old. Dr. Krishnamurthy tests these young children; the rate is $225/hour, usually 12-17 hours of billable time.
8. Because this program may be popular, there may be a waiting list of several weeks.
9. A deposit of $500 is required to reserve the first testing appointment, and the balance is to be paid at the final testing session. Reports are not released until the bill is paid in full. Cancellations with less than 48 hours notice are charged $200 for this cancelled session.
Contact us to set up an evaluation today!
Contact us today to request more information or make an appointment.
WordPress contact form by 123ContactForm