Neurofeedback, also known as EEG Biofeedback, is a new treatment modality that has been shown to be effective in treating
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD/ADHD)
- Mild head injury
- Chronic Pain
- Migraines & Headaches
- Other neurological conditions
Patients learn, over several sessions, how to train their brain waves or another display by seeing their own EEG on a computer screen. The patient learns to modify brain waves in ways that are known to be helpful for that particular person's electrophysiology.
Read and print a detailed PDF regarding Neurofeedback here.
For more information about biofeedack and migraines please visit Biofeedback for Migraines.
One advantage of neurofeedback for ADD or neurofeedback for ADHD is that medication can be reduced or eliminated in some cases.
In order for neurofeedback to have a good chance of working, the patient should plan on coming at least twice per week for a minimum of 15 weeks.
There are additional applications of neurofeedback.
- Substance Abuse – Neurofeedback can help to reduce the craving of substances such as alcohol and drugs. In fact, research has shown that neurofeedback has over an 85 percent success rate in treating alcohol abuse.
- Reduction of PMS Symptoms
- Peak Performance training – Using neurofeedback a person can train themselves to obtain optimal attention and focus.
- Recurrent Stomach Aches in Children – Primarily using biofeedback.
Contact us today to learn more or set-up an appointment.
Please visit our Fees page for more information about pricing and insurance.
For more articles on Biofeedback, including more references, please go to our Biofeedback Articles page.