A neuropsychological evaluation assesses cognitive abilities that may be affected by neurological disorders, such as visual and verbal memory, fine motor coordination, shifting of sets, and novel abstract reasoning among others. A comprehensive neuropsychological evaluation includes the following:
- full intelligence battery
- measures of verbal and visual memory and learning
- measures of executive functioning
- measures of academic achievement (if necessary)
- visual and verbal abstract reasoning
- personality assessment
- measures of attention
Neuropsychological evaluations are extensive and take an estimated 8 hours of testing and 7 hours to score the material and write a report.
The Brain Clinic is located only a block and a half from Penn Station at:
19 West 34th Street, Penthouse
New York, NY 10001
Phone: (212) 268-8900.
For information about neuropsychological evaluations and insurance coverage, click here.